OMX 27 (Build Your Own Kit) PRE-ORDER
OMX-27 is a compact DIY hardware MIDI controller and sequencer with RGB LED backlit mechanical key switches.
This is a PARTIAL/BASE KIT with the option to include various parts or source them yourself.
NOTE - Price above will change based on your options selected below
This is ideal for someone who wants to use their own key switches or keycaps.
A REQUEST - PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THIS AND ADD ALL THE OPTIONS IF THE FULL KIT IS OUT OF STOCK. (This may cause delays in processing your order)
Base kit includes:
- SMD-assembled PCB
- 27 LEDS (SK6812-MINI-E) - LEDs are not soldered
- FR4/PCB keyplate
- Acrylic baseplate and spacer layer ( the "case")
- Screws and nuts
- Soldering jig
- Teensy 3.2 + header pins
- OLED display (white)
- Cherry MX RGB Silent Red (aka Silent Pink) key switches.
- DSA profile two-shot LED "windowed" caps from Signature Plastics (aka PimpMyKeyboard.com) in GX (dark gray) color
- 5 Alpha potentiometers (10kb) and 1 Bourns switch encoder (PEC11 series)
- "Befaco-style" micro knobs for the potentiometers
- Teensy, 5 pots, 1 encoder and 1 OLED display need to be soldered (these are all thru-hole parts)
- LEDs - the LEDs are surface mount, but have large pads and are relatively easy to solder
GitHub (build guide, code, etc.): https://github.com/okyeron/OMX-27
- 27 RGB backlit mechanical key switches (details below)
- 5 Potentiometers
- 1 Encoder (with switch)
- OLED display (128x32)
- Hardware MIDI Out (1/8" minijack, Type A/B switchable)
- CV pitch and CV Gate outputs
- Teensy 3.2 microcontroller
PRE-ORDER items shown will ship in 1-3 weeks.