2host (pronounced “Toast”) - a DIY USBMIDI host-to-host adapter.
This version of 2host uses 2 Adafruit QtPy microcontrollers to create a bridge between two USBMIDI Host devices.
Comes in three variations:
- PCB with SMD components already soldered. You will still need to get two Adafruit QtPy's (the SAMD21 version ONLY*) and solder those yourself.
- Kit with the above PCB and 2 QtPys - solder the QtPys yourself. No case.
- Fully assembled. No case. (built on order, ~1 week to ship)
* the RP2040 version will NOT work because it has chips on the bottom and will not solder to the 2host board.
Some examples of USBMIDI hosts which could be connected together:
- monome norns
- monome ansible (needs firmware hack)
- ipad (with Camera Connection kit)
- ableton or other DAW on your computer
- raspberry pi (pisound, etc.)